Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

spotting since I had my Implanon removed

User Profile
Hi! I have been having irregular periods, with lots of spotting since I had my Implanon removed March 1st 2011. I recently had 2 periods in July one starting on the 17th lasting a few days, and then one starting on the 27th lasting around 5 days. Now I have not had any spotting or signs of period this month, and I just took a pregnancy test and came back negative, but I have many pregnancy symptoms, did I test too early? If so when should I test again?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 25th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A26301
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
You can experience period pattern abnormalities after stopping with use of birth control measure as your body tries to get back to normal. If you have been sexually active after stopping with birth control use and if your normal fertility has returned back, chances of pregnancy cannot be ruled out. Sometimes you can keep having false negative urine pregnancy test results during early pregnancy. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation done to look for the underlying cause for your missed period. If you suspect chances of pregnancy, go ahead with getting blood/serum HCG kevels done to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.