Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

spotting for almost 3 weeks?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have been what seems to me spotting for almost 3 weeks now, why i think its spotting is because my periods are usually a lot heavier meaning i have to use super plus and change them every hour. My last period was on nov. 14th it ended on the 19th. I had sex 3 times after i stopped my period and started spotting, which i started spotting on Dec 8th. I started having cramps pretty bad ones at that and that lasted a couple of days then i started getting dull and sharp pains in my pelvic area especially on the left side...they have also pretty much gone but the sharp pain comes back from time to time, occasionally when i pee i get a sharp pain in the middle of pelvic area, Another thing is last weekend i started getting blood clots majority of them were pretty small then i had a couple of them that were bigger then a 50 cent piece...This is really starting to bother me, i would like some idea of what i might have or do i need to see obgyn
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2011
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult comment on the cause for the prolonged spotting, blood clots, abdominal cramps and pelvic pain that you describe without examining you. You should consider visiting your gynecologist/obstetrician at the earliest for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the abnormal bleeding and the symptoms that you describe. Treatment as appropriate (based on the examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you in regulating your periods. If pregnancy is suspected, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.