Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

spotting 8 days before my period was due.

User Profile
I started noticing spotting 8 days before my period was due. I usually am irregular and sometimes have a 9day delay if that makes Sence. I'm afraid I may be pregnant. I am sexually active and have never spotted before. There are 3 days left of the delay and I am constipated andthere was spotting again for the 4th time today. I have been under ALOT of stress latley so that may be another reason this is happening? And I deal with constipation alot. I'm just really scared and am young. I just need reassurance and can't talk to my mom about it.. I know if your mature enough to have sex you are mature enough to deal with consenquinces but I'm just so scared. Please help me. I don't have a way to get a test atm

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2012
Am I Pregnant Answer A36793
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you have been sexually active without protection, the early spotting that you describe could suggest possibility of implantation bleeding. Wait and watch for your periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms if pregnancy is suspected. If periods are abnormal, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets ruled out, further evaluation would be done to look for the underlying cause for your symptoms. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms and regulate your periods.
If pregnancy gets ruled out and if you are not ready for pregnancy, but intend to remain sexually active, you should consider getting her started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after her periods). She should be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact if you are not ready for pregnancy. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.