Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Spotting 2 days after sex

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Ok i had a period a week before all this started. This time I started spotting 2 days after sex that lasted for a week then started bleeding like a normal period Then i started spotting again then just passing clots. im cramping through all this.Then no blood on pads but everytime I wipe theres blood and little clots,this last a week, then i have brown sticky discharge nothing on pad to blood everytime i wipe then stops for a day now i have a bloody discharge like a mucus plug. My tubes have been tied almost 11 years. And Im cramping all the time.This has been going on for almost a month.Im tired alot and moody lower back has been hurting and a few other bodyaches. Dr is not in town trying to see if i have to make a trip yet.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2010
Menstruation Answer A16038
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms could suggest these possibilities: 1) Recanalization of tubes and repeat pregnancy, 2) ectopic pregnancy, 3) ovarian cyst or endometriosis/adenomyosis.
Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your gynecologist for examination, tests (like blood tests, hormonal levels, ultrasound scan) to look for underlying cause. The earlier the cause is found out, the better it is as it reduces risks for complications.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.