Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

spotting brown alternating with red blood

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Tuesday of this past week I awoke and used the restroom to find I was spotting bright red blood . The night before we engaged in intercourse . The whole rest of the day on up until today I am spotting brown and even accompanied with brown clots . I'm not cramping much if any . I feel stomach sick and keep having slight hot flashes. The spotting appears heavier at times . Even having small headaches and dizzy. I have a history of miscarriages 2 to be exact . I was recently put on metphormin almost a year ago after my last miscarriage . I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning that had a negative result. I don't have the proper insurance at the moment to see my obgyn. And i am afraid to go to the emergency room as the Dr.s there are never sensitive to woman ttc.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 15th, 2016
Wow. Not one answer to help me. 42 people read this post and said nothing .
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. This brownish discharge with negative pregnancy test is menstruation. Flow and duration of menses may vary. However these 2 abortions history needs to be evaluated for the cause.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.