Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

spots look like pimples and 4 or 5 black splotches/circles

User Profile
Black man, age 24, had sex with my ex four days ago. The day after I had spots that looked like pimples all over my penis, I figured they were fordyce spots and would calm down. I had one black small patch that looked like a cut that was scabbing. Today I woke up and had 4 or 5 black splotches/circles on the shaft of my penis that burn very very lightly, but the bumps I had from days ago have mostly gone. I'm worried this could be herpes. What do you think?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2012
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A37352
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the Herpes infection status or cause for the black splotches that you describe on penis without examining them. Avoid any self manipulation. If you are worried, you can consider visiting an Andrologist or Urologist at the earliest for further evaluation and assistance. Look out for development of any new symptoms. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating Andrologist or Urologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.