Hello all,

So I have this wart like spot on my breast. its slightly raised and light in colour... I'd go to the doctor but i'm not sure if its big enough to warrant a doctors visit just yet. It doesn't itch or hurt and its been there for about 2 months. I've been to the doctors a lot recently which is also why i'm also a bit reluctant to go. If anyone has any ideas what this is I'd be really appreciative. I 100% will go to the Dr at some point just incase but just to but my mind at ease for a couple of weeks haha.

I haven't used any creams on it and i'm not sexually active (if that makes a difference)

Please find attached a link to a photo. Hopefully it works.

https://Flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 8th, 2018
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The wart like spot that you describe on the breast (and as seen in the photo provided) could be a boil, small hyperpigmented area, a viral wart (if associated with fever etc),. If there are no other symptoms associated, you can leave it alone, but if you are having pain, redness or swelling or warmth over it, then you should consider visiting your doctor/healthcare provider at the earliest for thorough examination and assessment to know the underlying cause and get started on treatment as appropriate at the earliest. Look out for development of other symptoms like fever, radiating pain or worsening of pain, changes in skin covering breasts, changes in nipple, etc. If there has been history of breast cancer in your family, getting a screening mammogram along with tumor marker test done will be helpful to predict your chances of developing breast cancer. Further treatment options would be discussed with your treating doctor/gynecologist based on examination findings and investigation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.