Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Spondylolisthesis and Osteoarthritis

Hi all. I'm a 33 yr. old female that has a a grade 3-4 slip in my L5 and am at my wits end with pain. Not only do I have to contend with that I also have oteoarthritis in my tail bone, scoleosis due to the spondylolisthesis, a slipped disc in my L5 S1, and now somethings up with my neck. Ok, here's the frustrating part...I've been active all my life, from softball and football as a kid to martial arts and kick boxing just a few years ago. I have no health insurance....great to work in a right to work state eh...and my back is getting worse. Yesterday was the first time I could barely lift my legs....sheesh. Ok, enough whinning about it. Does anyone know a way that I can reduce the pain without having to spend a fortune going to a doc? Thanks for listening to me complain...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
you could take drugs to kill the pain but it would not do anything for the underlying condition, you have serious health issues!! i dont see that you can do much other than follow healthy diet and get some gentle exersice avoid stenuous activity get a good matress its still not going to cure you
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Experienced User
Hi there

It is important to realise that it is muscles that hold up your spine, and, behind all spinal problems, there is a malfunctioning muscle.
A scoliosis of the spine means muscles on one side of the body pull harder than on the other side, and, contradictory, it is usually the muscle that is in under energy. Muscles, like everything else in the body work on energy.
This is the principle behind acupuncture and Kinesiology.
As a Kinesiologist. I would test your muscles for integrity and, if under energised, I would find out why, what is the underlying cause, and correct through the use of neuro lymphatic points, neuro vascular points, spindlecell mechanism, acupuncture points, testing for allergies, nutritional deficiencies like vitamins, mineral or trace elements and a host of other things.
The only thing we don't do is masking symptoms with drugs.
If you have osteoarthritis in the sacrum and lower lumbars, and ankylosing spondylitis, you have way too much acid forming foods in your diet.
The most acid foods are, in order of importance to avoid; All dairy products, potatoes, sugar, meats, tobacco, alcohol.
Ill explain the scenario.
Our bodies function optimally on an alkaline Ph. and the brain corrects continually if it senses an imbalance. If the imbalance is towards acidity, calcium is leached out of the bones to restore the Ph. Calcium is alkaline, you see.
The acidic food we consume most of in our daily routine in dairy products, like milk and cheese.
Avoidance of dairy will stop the inflammations and irritations and generally make you feel a lot better.
Avoid anything that comes out of the cow.

Good luck

Kinetico
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Roller is 100% correct, you do have serious issues that need to be addressed and addressed by a doctor not some kind of adjustments in your diet.

Until you are properly treated by a spine surgeon, there is not much than you can do and the food diet suggested above, is not going to help your problems.

You need medical attention and medical treatment from and MD.

Fran
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Experienced User
Hell0

I also agree with rollar64.
Don't do drugs and fix it with a healthy diet.
But isn't that what kinetoco said too?
I am not in agreement about going to a knife thrower

Carolin
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....