For the past two days, only at night, for some reason it's hard for me to speak. Words just stutter out. I know what I want to say, but when go to speak it just doesn't come out. I get plenty of sleep, but my eyes feel heavy. What could be the reason?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
wellsy699,

Speech is a very complex activity. It requires both congition (thinking) and physical (mouthing the sounds) functions.

In many patients, they actually have phyiscal trouble making certain sounds, but this will usually respond very well to speech therapy.

Other patients, who have had strokes or traumatic brain injury, have difficulty is thinking part of the process.

However, it is very common for people to occasionally have trouble speaking. Sometimes, their thought process just gets ahead of the ability to speak fast enough. One occasionally forgets what they were about to say, or cannot think the the right word.

Stress can affect this. It is harder to function when under stress.

But, again, unless the problem is occuring frequently and is interfering with your academic, professional, or personal life, it is probably not a pathological condition.

But, if it is interfering with your life, then you might want to speak with your physician about maybe seeing a speach therapist.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: sleep, eyes
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....