Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Genetic Disorders Forum

soya lecithin have an effect to those who have G6pd?

My son is G6pd baby since he was born he is now 8months old he is taking formula milk with soya lecithin and now is is health, glowing skin and cute baby. I'm wondering if soya lecithin is really has an effect to those who have G6pd. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Soya lecithin is a legume and is not recommended in G6PD intake. So your experience might be a placebo effect but in a fact and reality this may be worsening the G6PD symptoms of your child. This is usually used as preservative and to increase the shelf life of processed and canned products, which is a notorious factor in increasing oxidative stress which causes G6PD. So it should be avoided preferably.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Skin Health
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Genetic Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.