Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

sores on my throat, right tonsil, and uvula, an oral STD?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
User Profile
About 4 weeks ago I performed cunnilingus. 2 weeks later I bgan to have sores on my throat, right tonsil, and uvula. This followed with a ringing and pressure in my right ear. It has persisted for 2 weeks now so I am getting worried. Could this be an oral STD? I am gravely regretting doing this and I never will partake in this sort of activity again... I haven\'t had any other symptoms that I am aware of. Could this be an oral STD? The doctor can\'t see me until friday :(

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A26858
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Definitely, since these sores have appeared after oral intercourse, it raises the possibilities of STD's. However for these symptoms oral thrush should also be ruled out. Thrush appears as white patches in the mouth. Usually they can be seen on the tongue, inside the cheeks, under the tongue, and in the back of the throat. I suggest you to get an examination done from your doctor and get a KOH examination and culture sensitivity of the scrapings done of these sores.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.