Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Sores of Vaginal Lips

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
About a week ago I found a small sore filled with white fluid on my vagina lips. A few days after noticing it, I had sex for the first time. We used a condom. Now, about a week later, the sore has opened and is very sensitive to the touch, I have about three more in the same area which are still closed. The lymph nodes in my groin are also swollen, I'm not sure if this has to do with the fact that I currently have Mono or not. Please let me know what it could be! I'm very confused, because it seems like it couldn't be from sexual activity, because I got the first one while I was still a virgin.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2010
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Get the sores examined; the pus/fluid draining out of it should be tested to identify the organism causing it and you will be put on antibiotics for treatment based on the test result. Since they have increased in number, and the sore has opened up, do not delay your visit to your doctor/gynecologist. It can lead to secondary infection and worsening of problems. Avoid having intercourse in between. Get your partner also treated simultaneously if infection is detected, to avoid chances of re-infection.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 8th, 2012
Open painful sore on vagina lips and area
I get these same open sores on the lips of my vagina every time I go off my menstrual cycle or shave. They are very painful and burn when I use the bathroom or touch it. I was sexual active but havnt been for a while sometime. I have to some tissuse over the infected are to get some it to ease some of the pain. What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.