I've recently been feeling run down and a couple days ago felt a sore throat coming on. Trying to prevent a cold, I took ColdFX and lots of vitamins. Friday, 3 days ago, I started to get drowsy and felt for sure I was getting sick. The next morning, I woke up with a fever and chills, canker sores on the inside of my mouth and under tounge. I spent Saturday wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, I didnt have the energy to move. I also developed very red gums, which are swollen and painful. My bottom left wisdom tooth seems to be coming in, aggrivated by the inflamation. It really hurts. My tounge has also developed what feels like taste buds being swollen.
I went to a drop in clinic on Sunday night and he took one look and said it was strep throat. The back of my throat is all red and white. It's really gross. He gave me teva-penicillin 300 mg to take, along with a mouthwash to numb my mouth. I was wondering if it really does sound like strep throat (as he did not take a culture or anything, but seemed very sure), and how long it will take for recovery. I'm really upset because I have invisalign, and with the inflamed gums I havent been able to wear them for 3 days, which is very bad. It's really been effecting everything in my life. How long will this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 17th, 2011
i have the same thing now,and i went to the emergency room...the doc there said it was viral,bcuz my strep test was negative.he also said antibiotics like penicilin can worsen it,and the only thing i could take was medicine for the pain and that it all had to be waited out pretty much...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....