my daughter had a sore throat and ulcers all in her mouth.Doctor put her on penecillin v 2000mg a day.Sore throat has gone but ulcers are worse.Hasnt eaten for 7 days as mouth is so painfull.Has a white coating on her tongue which doctor think is candida.Has anyone had any similar experiences and what can I do to help her.She is due to go back to the doctor in 2 days.I am at a loss at what to do.Can anyone help! Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 9th, 2008
Supporter
The ulcers are probably caused by foods that are heavy in acids. She can try a diet of alkaline foods --- think green vegetables. Cut out the sugar and the dairy, which produce lots of stomach acid.

The white tongue is a by-product of the heavy antibiotics. Candida spreads when the healthy intestinal flora die with the bad bacteria.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stomach ulcers affect almost half of adults over 50. But what is an ulcer? And what types of ulcers do people experience? Basic info on ulcers here....
Common causes of ulcers can be easily avoided. What causes a stomach ulcer? And who is at risk of developing an ulcer? More information here....
Stomach ache is common, but comfort caused by an ulcer is distinct and lasting. Learn to identify symptoms of ulcers and know when to get medical help....