Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

sore swelling breasts

about a week before my last period my breast wore sore as useall no different well 22 days after my period i still have sore breast i also noticed my period wasnt regular either didnt last long and was very watery and tonight i discovered that they feel swollen like tight firm swelling around what u would call the ends of my breast a full sensation like i need to be milked (for lack of better words)and when they are touched or bumped they get like a burning sensation in them. could i be pregnant? i took a test almost a week ago and it was neg. i havent missed my next period yet but i have never experienced this before ive been late on periods before but no symptoms like this. plz some advice thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Go get another pregnancy test. It sure sounds like you could be pregnant. Your last "period" could have been implantation. Implantation occurs 2 weeks after fertilization and it coincides with the time your period would be due. Let us know what you find out. All the best.
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
sore swollen breast
i have the exact same symptoms, except my breast are double their usaul size and i had my tubes clip a good 4 years ago. i sud get my period later this week. im to afriad to take a pregnancy test.
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
well i woke up this morning and the burning sensation had subsided for the most part but still swollen tomorrow is my period so if that doesnt come ill wait at least five days to take another test. ive looked everything up to find out what might cause this nothing my husband thinks im retaining water in my breasts anyone ever heard of that? im so freaked because weve been trying to get pregnant so long we just lost all hope and forgot about then this happens. so we are trying to think of other logical explanations first ya know be for we get our hopes up. i have no other symptoms but im very emotional i get so upset and mad if not doing that im crying over stuff i wouldnt useually and im not a emtional person. but then i thought that could be stress to for the last month but havent been stressed nothing going bad so will keep posted!
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
If you miss your next period you should not have to wait 5 days to test. It sure won't hurt but if you experienced implantation last month then you will miss your period and a test will come up positive at the time your period is due, if not before hand. If you really want to know for sure see your gyn. A blood test will tell for sure if you are pregnant. Let us know if you are or not. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
|

replied April 11th, 2008
I am going throught the same thing right now. Just before my period my breasts were sore and then after I got my period they were fine. My period was lighter than usual. Then last weekend my breasts started getting sore. I have been so paranoid because my period is not due for another week and a half. I did a pregnancy test last weekend and it was negative, maybe too early. So now I am waiting and have a DR appointment on Monday. Please let me know what is going on with you. I haven't told anyone in my family but this is driving me crazy.
|

replied May 6th, 2008
Are there any more replys on this topic???
|

replied May 24th, 2008
I'm sure that you probably know by now if you are prego or not but, I just wanted to say that this was the first sign of pregnancy for me!
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....