Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Sore/ingrown hair on upper pubic region

Last week I noticed what looked like a pimple or ingrown hair near the top of my hairline on my pubic region. I popped it, but there was no puss or fluid of any kind. The top kind of just came off without much effort, but the skin around it bled from when I was squeezing it. It scabbed over and fell off sometime within the last day. The middle area (where the scab fell off) is sunken in a bit and the area around it is still kind of pink and inflamed.

I did an internet search for herpes and other skin conditions and nothing seems to match up. There's no itching, burning, and it only hurt when I popped it last week. Also, there's only one and it's not actually on my genitals. I am sexually active with my boyfriend and as far as I know, he's never had any STDs. I haven't either, but I'm still worried. I'm probably going to the doctor tomorrow.

Does anyone know what this might be?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2008
Experienced User
it's probably just a sebaceous cyst (a zit). nothing to worry about. sometimes ingrown hairs like what you are describing will cause this kind of bump. i think it's nothing to worry about and i doubt that it's a problem, probably just needs some time to go away.
jasmine
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....