My son is 15. He has had trouble with joints Since he 1st learned to walk. Mostly left knee, just buckling and down he would go. Since he could talk he would ask me to rub his legs. I would put a heating pad on them. As he grew older, around 10 he would complain of joint and muscle pain.. His hands a feet turn blue and white at times. He runs fevers for no reason quiet a bit. I've kept him home.. during this times he sleeps, complains he hurts in his knees, ankles, hips, wrists and elbows. At 15, it's to the point his pain is bad.. fatigue. He is skipping out on things he enjoys becasue of it. During cold weather, its worse. Sometimes, his legs and arms, Hand will swell and look red and puffy. He aches at times, and others he moans it's so bad. Started put mild as a child.. to bad as a teen. He also used to he able to tan. Now, he Burns. He also gets these round sores.. like a rash.. where he gets sunbured. He no longer tans. I have been diagnosed with celiac disease. . I was worried he had it becasue he will also get direah off and on. With the pain and fever. My younger sister was diagnosed after 2 years of going to the doctor with lupus. I've had him tested for thyroid issues etc. They just said growing pains. This is not growing pains. Je spent almost his entire Christmas break on the couch hurting. Sleeping off and on. We have a new doctor now, and he is testing him for lupus and RA Monday morning. This pain and other symptoms come and go.. sometimes it's brief.. sometimes it lasts weeks. Like this time around. It's been stressfull at home. His father, my husband has had a mental break. Nervous breakdown from high stress, his grandfather has died, his beloved great aunt passed suddenly, lost a uncle, and another aunt is dieing of copd. Stress is high this last year. And he seems to have had a horrible year with the pain, rashes, itching, sometimes with our without rashes, swelling joints and blue hands and feet. Headaches. (Have had his scull scanned. Came back fine) fever off and on put of thr blue. Fever comes and goes. Some weeks. It's several times a week with no known cause, sometimes a few months inbetween.. sorry if I'm jumping around. Wanted to give as much info as I can. I am 40 and have arthritis in my right knee and wrist from old injuries. My teen discribe this same pain in his joints. Sometimes he feels fine. No pain. He is up amd moving.. when it comes, he wants to sleep amd lay around. He says he feels weak and tired. Hurts all over. He will limp around. He has chest tightness amd pain at times, he has had asthma almost his entire life. What's is your though on this. And what do I ask the doctors etc to get him help? His old doctor diagnosed him with acrosynosis 3 years ago.. not with a test, just said he knew why he had blue hands and feet amd hurt more in the winter. I just think it's something else. I'm afraid it's lupus. Like my sister has.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Systemic lupus erythematosus is a multisystem disease. Arthritis with rash on face which worsens with sun exposure along with generalised body aches is a a presentation that warrants lupus work up. ANA is the primary screening test with 90 percent sensitivity. If it’s positive then anti ds dna should be done. If there is a high suspicion of lupus then both can be done at the same time. Renal function tests should also be done.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lupus , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.