User Profile
My son is seven years old and will be crying and shakeing while in bed at night and not remember, then he will wet the bed. What could be the problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi 263dlt1010 and welcome to ehealth: I am not sure of a medical reason, but I want to throw a few thoughts out for you...First, he may do this as subconsciously he knows he is going to do it and be upset....Second, our son also did this...Truthfully, I think he was so big that I had to diaper him with a towel...Probably near 7....What we did was offer him a nickle if he did not wet the bed...That nickle did it for us...We had tried drugs from the doctor and all this did was to make him off the wall all night...He was so wound up that he was a mess...Kept us up all night....Seeing a nickle may not interest your son, you could set some toy that he really likes as a special surprise...

These are just my suggestions on this problem....Take care...

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: 263dlt1010 

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2010
Community Volunteer
He may be harboring a very bad secrect that someone may be doing someghing to him. Are you leaving him along with any babysitter, family members, is he spending the night with neighbors..etc. Don't be aghast, ask him if anyone is touching him or doing things to him.
you may want to have him checked out by a urologist as well to see if there is any medical correlation in his bedwetting.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2011
I am a stay at home mom and my seven year old has awful nightmares he is still sleeping but his eyes are wide open and his teeth are chattering, he does not have a baby sitter and has never spent the night with a friend because he is embarresed of still wetting his bed.. all and any suggestions are welcome..
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi again263dlt1010.....A child can have terrible nightmares...Just a sudden scene of horror can bother them for a long time...Have you tried talking to him at night about wonderful things...Tell him stories or reading him something like "The Boxcar Children", my favorite book from childhood, to get his mind in another place in time...Then possibly going that route I spoke about...Make it something real nice...Something that he dearly wants...Something toy related that keeps his mind at ease....

I hope that one of these things work...I share your pains as I have walked this walk in life...Keep me advised...Take care and have a wonderful 2011....

Caroline

P.S...You have a lovely family....
|
Tags: preschool
Quick Reply