User Profile
My six year old son has recently started getting very angry and upset when me and the hubby do our thing. Okay...lemme back up here. No, DS is not in the room with us, he is in the room next to us and we have thin walls, or so I guess. Anyway DS will wake up out of a dead sleep and cry at our door saying he doesnt like it when we do that. He also gets really mad at DH for doing it. He knows what sex is, we educated him on a level he can understand, we have explained that it doesnt hurt either of us and that it is normal for adults to do that sometimes. I think he is going through the whole Freudian Oedipus stage, where the son is, on a subconsceious level, in love with the mother and jealous of the father, and vice versa for girls. Needless to say, its putting a bit of a cramp in our sex life. Any advice on howelse to cope with this? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2008
Experienced User
have sex in the car LOL
nah on a serious note how old is ur son???
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Well, I do think it's a phase of pyschological growth...in time, he will favor his father and you'll be the "man out". Well, the woman out of his life.

Is it the bed that's waking him up or the heavy breathing?

I'd suggest that perhaps you change scene for sex. Maybe lay a blanket on the floor to avoid noisy springs. Can you take a night out together and shack up in a different location? Although the car might be sexy in principle, it's a little uncomfortable. How often do you want to have sex?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2008
Community Volunteer
lol the hubby would love it all the time, me once a week is fine. As for the noise that is waking him up, I'm not totally sure...neither of us are exactly loud and our bed doesn't move around...DS just has this built in RADAR that knows exactly when. I asked him what he hears and he says nothing and that is how he knows....argh!!! We have shacked up in different locations sometimes, but its just nice to know that our bed is still available for it if we choose lol.
|

replied July 1st, 2008
Experienced User
LOL maybe make noise then Razz so he doesnt think u guys are in bed doing the dirty
turn the tv on make a tape of u guys making noise n put it on in a different section of the house so he cant hear u guys actually doing it Razz or so he thinks u guys arent?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2010
Experienced User
Try sending him for a sleepover a friends, grammas, whatever.....thats what i do, because our place has thin walls too.
|

replied August 8th, 2010
Experienced User
He is most probably going the the Oedipus complex, and this will pass, just give it time.

As for your sex life, definitely try changing the scene or making "normal noise" (such as the TV) while doing so and see if he suspects anything. Try the living room, if that area is further away. You can also try doing it in the early morning, before he wakes up. Or if he watches morning cartoons after breakfast, you may want to try that time too. Keeping him preoccupied instead of asleep while you guys do it might work.
|
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....