Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

son is coughing for 3 weeks now

my son is coughing for 3 weeks now, coughing, sneezing and having a runny nose, i already brought him to his pedia, medicine aint working. Do you have anything in mind that might probably help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2011

Hello and thank you for posting your medical question on E health forum.

From the history provided it seems that your son might be having sinusitis.

He might be helped by OTC medications like benadryl, Sudafed and Mucinex-DM which might help to reduce your symptoms to a great extent.

In case the symptoms worsen, then you might need to consult a doctor for prescription of antibiotics for a few days.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.