Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Immune Disorders Forum

son, 7 and I have Multiple symptoms, celiac ruled out

I am 41 and have a son who is 7, and we both suffer from an array of symptoms. Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly for the sake of my son. Symptoms:
- Digestive issues- sticky stool (like glue), often pale in color, foul flatulance, bloating, discomfort; 3-4 times/day
- Energy- feeling tired, foggy brain, lethargic at times, headache in temples area
- Respiratory- upper throat irritated, tongue covered in stuff, saliva is cloudy
- Urinary- urine creates extra bubbles, appears different in color when other symptoms are present
- Vision- my eyes have a few areas where they are red most of the time

I have been to many doctors, and have taken my son as well, but we have gotten to no diagnosis after 3 years:
- Many visits to GI- ruled out Celiac, Whipple, upper/lower endoscopy with biopsies showed no signs of distress, also had stool test 3 times ruling out bacterial infection and other stool issues. Had genetic test for Blasto, D Fragilis bu these were negative as well.
- Allergist- all negative
- Neurologist- brain MRI showed no issues
- ENT- scoped nose area and throat, no issues
- Palmonary- no issues in lungs, all good.

Symptoms persist often for many days and weeks, but occasionally there would be 1-2 weeks of reduced or no symptoms. The days of no symptoms are becoming more rare though.

Hypothesis:
1) Parasite/bacteria/virus, but wish I knew which one. I traveled to South America, and had symptoms soon after food poisoning there when I got back. My son started having symptoms a year later.
2) Mold or some other irritant in the house.

THANK YOU so much in advance considering to help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
You need more blood work to be tested..........did they test the bowel movement itself?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....