Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Somethings wrong? I don't know. Am i anorexic?

I'm getting kind of worried because my friends have been saying that I don't eat enough and I'm starting to believe them. I blacked out this morning just standing up off the chair in the living room. I had an argument with myself during a geometry test on rather I should eat lunch or not. I ended up eating, but regret it immediatley because I thought I could've spent my time better. I don't want to be anorexic. I'm 15 and it kind of scares me cause that's around the age I've heard of it the most. Can someone please message me? There's more to this but it said not to post weight or anything that could trigger someone, so if you can, please help. I'm scared and I don't have anyone else to ask. I can't tell my Aunt and Uncle. They'd hate me. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper gbland
|

replied April 14th, 2012
Vannah43,
Its okay to be scared. Its doubt full that you are anorexic. You do need to eat more carbs though. Carbs will help you will your energy level. And drink plenty of water. Water is great for you.
This article will help you out with a diet plan.
Good luck!
|

replied April 14th, 2012
I kind of feel the same way. I am battling with myself on whether I should eat at mealtimes or not. I want to lose weight and I know that this is not the correct way to do it but it feels like a quick fix.
It is nice to be able to talk to people who feel the same as me.
Try to build up the courage to talk to someone - I know it might be hard, but if this is serious, it is important to get help now.
I hope I have helped in some way. Just know that there are other people who are experiencing the same thing as you. And don't wait until it is too late and don't suffer in silence. Talk to someone that you love and trust about it. Good luck to you in the future and tell me how it is going for you.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....