Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

something unusual just outside of my anus.

User Profile
This is sort of an embarrassing question...Recently I found out that there is something unusual just outside of my anus. It has grown like a pea. When I touch it, it is sort of hard but smooth red colour,and it hurts a bit. What should I do ?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2015
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A54810
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

It could be an abscess, boil or vesicle, lump. You need to consult a doctor to examine the region and perform a digital rectal exam based on the clinical suspicion. Treatment or diagnostic workup can involve a biopsy, proctoscopy or antibiotics course based upon the cause in consultation with your doctor.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.