Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Something is wrong and I can't get answers!

I am a 47 yo always fatigued female with swelling under my right arm near my breast and my breast also became swollen. I had a mammogram and ultra sound and they found a small cyst-told me it must be a glandular problem - not cancer. Swelling under my arm is not a "lump" and does not hurt it is just swollen. My right arm hurts down to my elbow. Dr told me to put heat and cold to reduce swelling - didn't work.
Meanwhile, an area on the left side of my back starts tingling then will start itching. The area is right under my bra so I thought it was irritation from that. But it has continued for 2 weeks and now that area is swollen. There is no irritation on the skin. This area feels bruised...
Then I noticed my lymph node on the left side of my groin is swollen and this one is distinct lymph node that moves and is sore to the touch.
Went back to Dr. he said my back maybe a strange case of shingles. ?? And did alot of blood work - one to rule out lymphoma (he said). CBC is good - no infection. Mono test negative. Also did other tests that I will find out Tuesday but previous test showed vitamin d deficiency, B-12 deficiency (was getting shots) and anemia. Since there is no infection, I am a little worried....but i want to know what is wrong.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2011
Experienced User
Honey, you are in my prayers!!!!
|
Users who thank bo21 for this post: msturri64 

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have thyroid function tests. If these are normal then consult rheumatologist to evaluate you for non specific rheumatogical disorder.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.