Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

someone who specializes in endocrinology? Hormone treatment?

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
My ed began about 3 years ago. I was smoking mini cigars and inhaling them(i think this is what caused my ed). After a few months I felt some sharp pains in my penis, some days (not all the time). Then after a few weeks It looked like my penis twisted a little bit. Then about 1 month later I could not keep an erection. I can get an erection easily, but I cannot keep it up. I am looking for a solution but do not want to take viagra or any of the relating pills. Do you know why I have this problem? Please do not say stress or anything, im not stressed, I have money and I work from home in a lucrative field. This may be venous leak or something. I need help this is really hurting me.

Im in my mid 20s
had ed for 3 years now

Should I c someone who specializes in endocrinology? Hormone treatment? I am so sick and tired of urologist,

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2011
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A25146

Welcome to ehealthforum

Erectile dysfunction in young males is most common due to psychological effect but some other causes are Smoking,drug abuse(can cause nerve damage at times,Low testosterone levels,increased Blood sugars,medication effect etc.
Consider visiting an Endocrinologist for evaluation and request for investigations as Complete Blood count,Urine analysis,Testosterone levels etc.
Kindly do not take self medication and meanwhile start taking any Zinc supplement once a day for few months as its deficiency can also contribute to erection problems.

Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.