Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

somehow tore my massateer or nabolail fat compartment

Hi! So yesterday night I woke up with excruciating pain in my cheek, it turns out I must have dropped my head across the bed post . Later during the day, I noticed my cheek was deflating but not down sort of like in and I have been feeling small slimy stuff go down my throat. I thought it was just something else but it literally feels like it's going down the back of it. In the beginning It was kind of more liquidy and I tasted blood but saw no blood! I lightly pinched my cheek and then i felt an increase of said something in throat. I can to the conclusion that I somehow tore my massateer or nabolail fat compartment something like that I'm not a professional but I am freaking out here! And no one is taken me seriosly!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2019
The area needs to be examined especially the region of the cheek / jaw involving the trauma. The facial nerve should also be examined to look for possible facial nerve palsy. The maxilla and the mandible along with the oral cavity should also be examined. Further management would depend on the cause.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.