Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

soft yellow colored spots on the back of my throat

User Profile
for almost 2 weeks now I've had phlegm in my chest. I've been coughing for 2 weeks also. I'm taking DayQuil when I wake up and NyQuil before bed. I used to not be able to sleep through the night with out getting up to cough but now that I take NyQuil I stay asleep through the night. sometimes I cough up phlegm and when I spit it out it was yellow-ish initially but now it's more spit colored. I also have soft yellow colored spots on the back of my throat and I don't know if those mean it's an infection or what. I haven't gone to see a doctor or gone to a clinic, I need to know all the possibilities. also I don't know if this is normal or not, but when I lean my head back and swallow, there's a hard lump I feel, almost like an Adam's apple. I'm a 16 year old girl. please help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2014
Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Answer A48405
Thank you for asking.
Nyquil is flu and cold remedy and this condition leads 5 post nasal dripping that causes sore throat and. Phlegm stuck In throat situation. Yellow color indicates a virus infection most likely and will self resolve.get symptomatic cough remedies and expectorant. There is nothing to worry about.
Seek a pulmonologist for further management. Visit our health centre for further guidance.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cold, Flu and Viral Infections , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.