Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Soft tissue mass ?

User Profile
I have had a lump on my outside left ankle for quite awhile. I went to the doctor and she said it might be a soft tissue mass. I had an MRI which showed nothing. It has now gotten larger and more solid and is causing pain in my ankle and along the side of my foot. Any ideas on what it could be? I never injured my ankle.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2010
Bone Cancer Answer A13736
Thanks for using this forum...

The lump on knee with pain going down the ankle can be due to a nerve lesion or some swelling of the bursa..I think a solid swellig merits attention and be examined by an orthopedics person to know the nature of the swelling...

take care...

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.