For some time I have had a soft lump on my back. It did not bother me until recently it got larger and pressure seems to have built up in it. A couple of days ago, it started to leak a beige paste and now leaks chunks with blood. The substance that leaks has a very foul smell. When I apply pressure to it, it discharges a significant amount of the pasty substance. I will be visiting the doctor within the week to have a closer look. Should I be worried about this !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Red, tender lump that drains a cheese-like material with foul odor, is very characteristic for inflamed or infected sebaceous cyst.
There are usually harmless, but, you need to consult your physician if an intervention to exceed the sebaceous sac completely is needed.
|

replied August 1st, 2009
I have a small 4mm lump on my uppper back which is sore and terribly itchy. Went to the doctor who said apply E45 cream til it calms down and then he'll zap it with liquid nitrogen. Can't remember what he called it but it's increasingly itcy and driving me nuts! Help
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It seems nodulocystic acne. Examination is needed for its evaluation.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.