Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Social Anxiety without the anxiety?

I have never been able to talk to people properly and I have no idea why. I have no social phobia, I used to think that I had, and I tried to talk to people and join drama groups, but it never worked (Bear in mind I tried for a good few years). When I go out, I change into a completely different person, it's like I am trapped inside my head and I can only get out when I get home, (metaphorically speaking). The doctors I have seen do not understand, they are trying to diagnose it as psychosis, and I am sure I do not have it, and I know psychosis covers a lot of different things, but I know I don't have it and they keep saying, quote 'You might be anxious and you don't know it'. I am completely and utterly clueless as to why I change, I am not scared. It is causing me great pain, as my face freezes and feels so tense, and I can't sit up straight, so my back is in agony. Another problem is that for as long as I can remember, I can't wear clothes properly, as they feel so uncomfortable against my skin, it doesn't cause any pain or itchiness and the only way I can describe it is that it feels 'disgusting'. I don't know if these are linked together?
Any similar experiences or ideas on what could be happening are greatly apreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 27th, 2013
I also think I have sinusitis as well, which can cause the feeling of being unreal, which I have. I don't know if these are linked too.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....