Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Social anxiety/stress/depression help :(

Hello everyone I want to keep this as short as I could I need some help on to seeing a doctor or what. Growing up with a lot of physical disorders and genetic (neurological) disorders really F ed me up. I had scoliosis ( still do) and I have a some kind of genetic disorder which deformed my hands and other body parts. Also to mention I walk with a weird limp. I really never cared about my disorders. Until my last surgery I hoped it would take my limp away but it didn't. I do go out and have 4 true friends I can trust and they no everything about me. Well I dont know if i should mention this but i started smoking weed for a good couple years but now considering to stop since my social anxiety hit me out of know were. And when im on weed i cant stop thinking about all the disorders i have. I sorta blame is on the weed that did this to me. These past 2 months I have my own ways in going around my college. Were people cant see the way i walk. I tend to walk like a ( CrackHead) with my limp. People say I have a scary face with no facial emotions. Which is the result i probably never had a girlfriend . While all my friends say im one of the funniest guys they met. I have times people said I walk like i got shot. I keep getting suicidal thoughts but i no i will never do anything like that. I tend to cry out of no were like a big baby. My parents dont understand me .... my friends just say its all in my head and need to get over it. Foggy feeling in my head going on non stop my vision is always blurry like im drunk or something im honestly going crazy! I cant stop thinking about my next surgery coming up. I don't no what to do should i go see a therapist or some kind of doctor.
My sincere apology I know this is long and you have heard this over n over. But it makes me feel so much better right now. Please tell me my next move I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2011
Don't ponder on the dark side. Just feel lucky that you have true friends! Think of the people who can't afford surgery but are in dire need of having it. You are far more lucky than they are.
|

replied September 30th, 2011
well I hope you believe me, because what I'm about to tell you is 100% true..... Jesus loves you and will always be there for you.
Also your disorders are just who YOU are and what makes you unique. The way you are is for a reason because people like you impact others' lives.... there is nothing wrong with you!! I don't know you but i'd love to pray for ya m8! Very Happy
|

replied September 30th, 2011
well I hope you believe me, because what I'm about to tell you is 100% true..... Jesus loves you and will always be there for you.
Also your disorders are just who YOU are and what makes you unique. The way you are is for a reason because people like you impact others' lives.... there is nothing wrong with you!! I don't know you but i'd love to pray for ya m8! Very Happy
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
fml, i wrote a wordy reply but closeed my browser. I'm sorry but i'll tell you a few things quickly, dealing with the same issues as yourself.

To avoid choking, paralysis or whatever you experience in social situation, approach the moment with 'confidence & humility' and i do hope you appreciate the meaining of these words.

With weed, i get the same thing esp because and when i dont talk high and after doing LSD. But try to control the high that you have and direct it in a positive way. If you tend to overthink things, let go and let the feeling take over. If you have insecurities just let them out in the air and your friends like my friends (we are lucky) will probably laugh at how insiginificant they are and then you'lll laugh at yourself.

GIRLS, get one, a good one. They are less inclined to physical appearance than us men, leaning towards personaility, some girls like the douchebags that arent very attractive. But two things that they look for ina man would be 'confidence and competence' if you can exude these characteristics youll be set (being up front with you some wont take you on because of their instinctive approach to 'disfigurement' but any girl smart enough to be worth her salt will realise that in this day and age that it hardly matters at all and will love you for who you are). Really you just got to get out there and realise that its nothing to fear.

I didn't see a therepist as i dealt with my issues the hard way but i'm confident that they will be able to help you - i'
m sure there would be a free clinic for students at your university or like here in australia some free places to call

Just lastly; just do it, you may make mistakes but you will learn and before you know it it will become second nature as it is with so-called normal people.

ps. it seems that perhaps social anxiety has hit me mildly seeing as i have no pathological symptoms, regardless i hope you find my advice useful
pss. no facial expression, emotion - just smile!
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...