Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Social Anxiety and shakiness.

Hello my name is Sam and i am a 19y/o Male. Throughout my life i've always had a minor social anxiety problem, stuff like not asking questions with teachers. I have also had a tremor in my hands since i was around 14y/o(Had a docter tell me it was normal). But up until i graduated high school i feel like my social anxiety is getting worse, along with my tremor. I had to do a presentation in high school and i remember my neck starting to shake along with my hands. In some social situations i find myself trying to calm down and try not to shake, but i find that makes it worse. This is starting to be a big problem with stuff like interviews with jobs, i don't want to look like i'm a nervous wreck. To be clear my tremor happens pretty much all the time, my hands always have a slight shake, stuff like being hungry for a long time will make it worse along with caffeine. Another health issue i have is scoliosis and kyphosis which makes my back weak at some times(Was told by my age its pretty much incurable). I want to know if their is any type of med or treatment that can tackle both the tremor and my social anxiety, social anxiety being the bigger problem. I have a feeling therapy is going to be very expensive, but my insurance might be able to covering any kind of medication.

Thank you for the help,
Sam
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

replied October 1st, 2014
Experienced User
First you need to talk with the doctor. It can be any sedative pills that can help keep anxiety under control
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Anxiety is manageable but problematic. It needs frequent psychotherapy sessions, compliant medications use and avoiding the stressors for anxiety. Let your psychiatrist decide what is best for you.

Take care
|

replied July 23rd, 2019
Practice mindfulness. It will help you big time in reducing stress and anxiety. It helps you collect and process thoughts as and when it occurs. Provides clarity and focus by improving your mood and brain functioning. Learn more about how mindfulness can help reduce anxiety and stress here.
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2019
Experienced User
I totally agree with Mr Muhammad Khalil that you need proper and frequent psychotherapy sessions with physicain to know best about the reason ...
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.