Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

so bad that I'm now feeling it in my back and hip

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
I have had stabbing pain on and off for about 15 years. The last 6months have gotten a lot worse. It is on my lower right side and has gotten so bad that I'm now feeling it in my back and hip. I do get some pain through the whole lower back and belly but it's mostly all on the right. I had a CT scan on Friday which came back normal. I don't have insurance so I'm not sure what to do. I don't know what it could be or how I can treat it. Are there any other tests that are affordable? Is it worth it? Is it just nothing?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2011
Abdominal Pain Answer A24482

Welcome to ehealthforum

Lower right sided pain can be due to various reasons as PID,Endometritis,UTI etc.It has to be corelated with other symptoms as well.PID or some other disease if present can be detected by Pelvic examination.Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for a thorough evaluation as your periods being irregular can be indicative of any underlying uterine or ovarian disorder along with hormonal imbalance.

Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.