Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

sneeze, cough at work. anxiety or allergy?

User Profile
I have been diagnosed with situational stress and depression. I also have allergies. My question is only when i am at work i start to feel stressed out and start to sneeze and cough and have a tightness.wheeze in my chest. Is this a anxiety attack?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2014
General Q and A Answer A46551
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If your allergic symptoms are at your work place, you should consider getting allergen test done to rule out any allergies to materials at your work place. Discuss your symptoms with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and go ahead with thorough evaluation done to look for the underlying cause for your symptoms. Treatment as indicated (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control your symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|

replied April 3rd, 2014
I don't think it is anything at work because it is the same time everynight at work. only at work. I think it is situational stress, anxiety. you agree?
|

replied May 13th, 2014
I think so too. Since he's been diagnosed with situational stress, you'll probably can imagine your work place. Hmm..what's your work by the way?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.