Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Smoking pot and dizziness

I'm 26 years old 145lbs and in pretty good shape I belive I smoke about a pack of marlboro reds a day though I cut way back recently. So any way I also smoked pot for about 9 years now pretty frequent untill about 5 years ago when I started getting pin like pain in my chest and back Ive went to the er twice and both times the considered it a panic attack but since then every time I smoked pot wether a hit or a whole joint I experinced a tight pressure like feeling on my chest I would pull my shirt away from my chest to minimize the feeling it actually helped?? Also as gross as it my sound picking my nose would relive the symtoms as well. I would also experience shortness of breath and a sensAtion that if I didn't move really quick I was going to pass out sometimes pain all over my whole body if I would keep yawning it would sometimes help. Well I quit smoking pot like 4 daYs ago seriously and last night I had a sharp pain in my left shoulder for about 20 mins then it was gone when I laid down last night before bed it felt like I couldn't breath I sat up real quik and went out side I felt fine and went to bed I awoke at 7 am and went to work at about 10:30 I started having some pain in my chest again and felt abit dizzy now I'm fine what is wrong with me please help thought if I quit smoking pot this would go away is this all just anxiety or is something seriously wrong with me????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I would suggest that you wait a month before you judge what's happening...You just quit...Try forgetting your problems and concentrate on all that is good around you......Good luck...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2010
Re: Smoking pot and dizziness
Npro2k wrote:
I'm 26 years old 145lbs and in pretty good shape I belive I smoke about a pack of marlboro reds a day though I cut way back recently. So any way I also smoked pot for about 9 years now pretty frequent untill about 5 years ago when I started getting pin like pain in my chest and back Ive went to the er twice and both times the considered it a panic attack but since then every time I smoked pot wether a hit or a whole joint I experinced a tight pressure like feeling on my chest I would pull my shirt away from my chest to minimize the feeling it actually helped?? Also as gross as it my sound picking my nose would relive the symtoms as well. I would also experience shortness of breath and a sensAtion that if I didn't move really quick I was going to pass out sometimes pain all over my whole body if Arrow I would keep yawning it would sometimes help. Exclamation Well I quit smoking pot like 4 daYs ago seriously and last night I had a sharp pain in my left shoulder for about 20 mins then it was gone when I laid down last night before bed it felt like I couldn't breath I sat up real quik and went out side I felt fine and went to bed I awoke at 7 am and went to work at about 10:30 I started having some pain in my chest again and felt abit dizzy now I'm fine what is wrong with me please help thought if I quit smoking pot this would go away is this all just anxiety or is something seriously wrong with me????
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...