Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

Smoking Addiction treatment

I am addicted to smoking. I am really very afraid to tell this to my doctor. Why smoking is addictive? Where can I get help with quitting smoking?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2012
its doesnt make to easier to quiTo increase your chances of success, you need to be motivated, have social support, an understanding of what to expect, and a personal game plan.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
I am on Champix and i am still smoking after 8 days. I have terrible indigestion i think this is a side affect with the tablets. I dont know if these tablets are going to help or not as i also feel very sick and since starting them i have been very depressed.
If anyone has any ideas on how i can stop smoking i would love to know. Thanks.............
|

replied April 28th, 2012
I am on Champix and i am still smoking after 8 days. I have terrible indigestion i think this is a side affect with the tablets. I dont know if these tablets are going to help or not as i also feel very sick and since starting them i have been very depressed.
If anyone has any ideas on how i can stop smoking i would love to know. Thanks.............
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....