What would cause a person to smell smoke or something like hot wires or metal? I would constantly walk around double checking areas in my home to make sure that there wasn't an actual fire or something. I was prescribed atenolol to help control my racing pulse and since then I don't have a problem with smelling smoke anymore however I still don't know what caused the situation. I do smoke and do have problems with my sinuses. I'd blame it on smoking however wouldn't the problem have shown up earlier. I did sustain a severe blow to the top of my head which resulted in damage to my spine. Any information on this topic would be very helpful.

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2009
smoke
im a smoker, and on and off for a year now im smelling buring in my noise, im getting really worried now speacial beening a smoker.
|

replied June 5th, 2009
I have recently been covering my manager for three months and recently have started to smell smoke alot of the time at 1st i thought it was because i was in an office all day and normally out and about , the work involved sat at a latop for 6hrs a day doing figures and emails also when at home on laptop i can smell again , had a new laptop del today set it up in another room to charge up and i sat down to set it all up and you guessed it smoke smell came back again , seems when ever i go near a laptop i get this awfull smoke smell or burning wood , and as i spen allot of my day tied to a latop i'm now concerned as i've read about others when the go on the computer they smell this cigerette smell it didnt bother me at 1st but now its getting on my nerves p.s i'm typing this with 2 fingers up my nose ..
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....