User Profile
I am 23years old female. From last week I have been facing problem with my urine. It really smells bad and also irritates and sometimes pains after I pee. I had same problem last month and consulted a doctor. He told me to do some test like urine culture and other urine related test. Result was all negative. He gave me medicines and I felt better after having medicines. But it has started again from a few days. Actually I have noticed that I got this problem last month after my intercourse and this time also it's same. Is it related to my intercourse? My partner also told me that he had itching under his foreskin and so do I around my vagina. I have not taken medicine this time and nor did I went to doctor as it costs a alot. Please help me. And explain me the possible reason behind this problem. Or is it related to the unbearably hot weather these days?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2017
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A61946
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

It can be related to the sexual intercourse especially if there is an associated discharge. Wet mount micrscopy of associated discharge should be done. Bacterial vaginosis should be looked for. A urinalysis should be done to rule out a recurrent UTI. Antibiotics like azithromycin and metronidazole can be advised. If a fungal infection is suspected then fluconazole would be the choice.

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.