Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Small zit like bumps on pubic area

I'm 19, haven't had any type of sexual relations in about two months, and recently noticed these small zit like bumps in my pubic area. I've had them before but never really bothered thinking about it. They're literally no bigger than this: 0. I can pop them and a little hard granule like a zit on your face comes out and they bleed a lot in relation to how big they are. No pain, itching, or any type of discomfort for that matter. They're just kinda there. There's nothing on my penis shaft or head they're just localized in my pubic area and sometimes on my thighs. Recently there's been more than usual and I think it might be due to being in tropical climate as opposed to California and maybe the increased humidity has something to do with it? They take a little bit to heal (about a week) but other than that no problems other than the unsightlyness. Just wondering if this sounds like herpes or anything that should be taken care of before I go through the hassle of seeing a doctor. I've been told it's just ingrown hairs and on some the hair is visible but on others there is no hair it's just the zit. Thoughts would be appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on your description it’s unlikely to be herpes. The area needs to be examined. It would have been helpful if an image would have been uploaded. Keep the area dry and clean. Local poly fax or neosporin ointment should be applied on the open wounds. An STD panel can be advised if there is a significant sexual history in consultation with your doctor.

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.