Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Small white lump inside vaginal lip

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Hi, Please can you help me. I found a small white lump on the bottom left of my inner vagina lip, which to touch i can feel it move, it is however small, i have researched and have found nothing like it. it never bothers me until im on my period? its kind of like a cauliflower but only alot smaller.. im very scared and i have an appointment on the 31st but im worried i could have cancer or something serious? and i am scared of what the doctors may say. I have been with my partner for over a yr now and when we started the relationship i had un protected sex with him once or twice, however i went to the clinic and got tested for everything and it was negative. this is why im sure it cant be warts ect because my bf has no problem what so ever. But if he did have warts is it possible he cant see them or no there there in a year? and as far as i no he has never cheated on me. we are both quite worried about it.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2010
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A18046
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your ‘lump’ that you describe (cauliflower like appearance) could be due to infection or presence of ruptured sebaceous cyst. Only an examination done by a gynecologist (not regular GP/NP/family doctor) will help to know the exact cause. If your boyfriend is having infection, it could be asymptomatic. People can stay asymptomatic until they have an outbreak. Go ahead with getting examination and further tests done. Get your partner also get repeat tests done and get him also treated simultaneously if any infection gets detected.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.