Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Small slit or cut on vagina

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
okaay , after having sex alot in one night , ( down there wa dryer than usual ) i felt a burning when iwent pee , it goes worse as the day progressed , then the next day , it hurt to sit , walk or even lay down .. i looked inside and it seems to be cut , kindof looks like a hole , there was a little bleeding at first ,but went away ,. it hurts to wipe , im in alot of pain and really need help ! what could this be , it doesnt look like genital herpes ( not a blister or zit looking thing ) more like a small slit , only one ! it does not look like genital warts either . could i just have gotten cut ?? im not sure what to do !! it feels raw , help please !

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2010
Sexual Health - Women Answer A16257
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Vaginal soreness and vulval pain is common to occur after intercourse that is done for long time and with inadequate lubrication. The friction causes the soft tissues to get injured. The effects usually wear off within 24 hours. If the symptoms are continuing, you should consider getting yourself examined by a gynecologist to make sure there is no external or internal injuries associated. Apply Caladryl lotion on the outside for temporary relief. The examination and test done by gynecologist will also rule out infections. Do not delay in seeking medical help.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Women , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.