Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

small seizures, extreme migraines and fatique

User Profile
I had epilepsy for 15 yrs now. It was going well until I gave birth in Jan 2017. Then I started having a lot of small seizures very frequently. Mostly when I am tired and when my brain has to think. A few weeks ago I started having extreme migraines and fatique the moment I wake up. It was last the whole day long. I am very drunk in my head. It will clear up a bit around 5pm every day. I went for blood tests to check the epilepsy level, all is normal. I went for an EEG but no abnormalities. The only thing they pick up was that I hyperventilated and almost fainted while doing the breathing excersizes in the test. I could only get an appointment at neuro on the 6th of Nov. I cant wait that long. I take care of my 9 mnth old baby alone every day but I feel miserably sick all day long with the seizures in between. My head feels heavy and "warm" inside. I am drunk with constant fatique. I have this immense pressure in my head, it feels as if my brain is too big. What can it possibly be

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2017
Headache and Migraines Answer A62370
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Hyperventilating is a trigger for seizures, stop doing that and stay compliant to the medications for seizures. You will have relief. Your doctor may increase the dosage.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.