Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

small lump to the left side of my rectal area

User Profile
I have had a small lump to the left side of my rectal area. It is not in my rectum but to the left. It has never bothered me until 2 days ago. I woke up and it went from the size of a pea, to the size of a quarter. I plan on seeing my Primary Physician, what could this be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 14th, 2015
Hemorrhoids Answer A54312
Welcome to e health forum.

Anorectal Pain is usually caused by infection, inflammation or injury. The most common causes include Hemorrhoids, anal fissure, anorectal fistula, perianal abscess, Proctitis, rectal ulcers, trauma, inflammmatory bowel disease, anal polyps or cancer, and Coccyodynia/coccygodynia (tailbone pain).

The description of your history is indicative of a possible anorectal abscess or a cyst.

You might consider getting yourself examined by your physician, which can be helpful to diagnose the underlying cause .

In the mean time OTC pain killers like tylenol, Advil will help to reduce the pain. Other measures like sitz baths, high fibre diet, stool softners, high fluid intake will also be helpful.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.