Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Small lump in middle of armpit

User Profile
Hello, I am a 63 year old male and I have developed a pea sised lump in the middle of my armpit. Should I go to my regular MD or should I go to an Oncologist to have it checked out to?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2010
Cancers Answer A17869

Welcome to ehealthforum

Some of the common causes of armpit lump are viral,bacterial or fungal infections leading to swelling of the lymph nodes. Antiperspirant usage,shaving underarms,allergic reaction to any drug also causes these lumps.
If this lump is not painful,not increasing in size and any discharge is not there it is likely that it may be some viral infection and may resolve by itself in few days.
You can visit your regular MD to get it examined.

Hope this helps,
Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.