Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

small lump around groin

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
I figure it's time I best ask instead of hiding away.
There has been a small pea sized lump, maybe a little bigger around the side of groin. It's been there for maybe a year or two. it's just under the skin and I can actually grab hold of it / pinch it so it's not attached to anything. No discoloration and no pain, just nothing really but i've been hearing too many scare stories lately. Should I check with the doctor or is it most likely nothing?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Seiya
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Has it change its size in a meantime?
|

replied November 14th, 2008
The size has been constant since I noticed it a year ago or longer
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Is this lump soft, mobile and painless?
Are you experiencing some generally symptoms, like fever, fatigue, night sweats, skin itchiness?
|

replied November 20th, 2008
hard lump, it is mobile and painless.
No symptoms of any kind, sometimes there's a slight itchiness on the same side but nothing that feels "wrong" probably just general itchiness and my mind over playing the fact it's near the lump. hopefully.
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sure that this hard, movable and painless lump is fibroma, a benign tumor that rises from the fibrous tissue located in dermis (the thicker and deeper part of the two parts of the skin).
Fibromas are very common growths, quite harmless and will not turn into a cancer.
They are usually, painless, but, occasionally, can itch or hurt when touched or knocked.
Fibroma, often, feels like small rubbery button lying just under the surface of the skin, with 1 cm across.
It can appear in the armpits and groin areas as well as on the back skin, and it's development is triggered by microtraumas, scratching or insect bites.
This is just an aesthetic problem.

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied October 13th, 2009
lump
hi, i am a male, i have a pee size lump on the right hand side near my groin,and the left hand side, they do not hurt when i press them, they are very hard and move also when pressed down wonder if you could help me as i am kind of worried
|

replied November 5th, 2009
Inquiry
Hi,

I also have this hard small lump in the groin area. I'm not sure how long it has been there but I'm pretty sure that it's less than a month.

How do you define "mobile" exactly? When I push it down, then it goes with the motion but you could still feel that it's there. It's not painful and really small. About the size of a watermelon seed.

Hope you could help me out! Thanks!
|

replied January 16th, 2011
hi,im only in my teen years but i also have a small lump in my groin that is moveable.i have had it for about a year and just recently i have another lump on my other side.i can actually grab hold of it so i dont think its attached to anything,aslso everytime i touch it it hurts but im very worried so can someone please tell me if this is something serious:cry:
|

replied May 18th, 2011
lumps
hi

i have got numerous lumps on my chest and on my arms..they are soft and spongy and they only hurt when i touch them...and i recently discovered a lump around my groin and have two on the right side.....what are they and should i go for a check up......worried
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Painful large Lump on groin!
I also recently found a lump on my groin area , doctors are doing blood tests to find out what it is. Doctor said he doesnt think that its hernia so i want to know what it is to be honest. Ive been getting severe headache's, increased anxiety, General ill feeling and aches and pains in my arm.
I just feel like crap to be honest i seem to have difficult sleeping at the moment and my stress at home has increased. Can anyone help i want to know if this could be life threatening or anything!! Thanks.
|

replied June 11th, 2012
Lumps in groin
I have 8 lumps on my groin and one under armpit, to be honest I am terrified of cancer can anyone help me out please, I also keep getting bad pains in my arm near my elbow scared
|

replied July 11th, 2012
Hello everyone..

I just want to ask if the my hard lump is cancerous...

Heres the symptoms

I was attended the basketball opening here in middle east here is summer so in that day im so sweaty..

After our parade i noticed that theres a painfull in my groin area so i check it and i noticed theres like a pimple in groin area.

After two days that i noticed theres a white thing in the top of the pimple.

Three days the puss pop up from the pimple or hard lump.

4th day the pain gone away and UP TO 45 days MY HARD LUMP STILL PAINLESS (it is summer here in middle east i have another symptoms like (Difficutly in swallow, Cough but it is already gone away)

28 days i decided to go to a hospital an started to go on antibiotics.

Heres the finding of the 3 Drs that examined my hard lump in Groin Area.

PG: Boil
Dermatologist: Cyst
Surgeon: Infected Lymp Nodes

They inform me and is ask them that if my hard lump is cancerous they inform me that the said hard lump in mobile and it will gone away by his own...

I had a antibiotics for almost 3 weeks now...the shape of the hard lump is same and it is not getting bigger and bigger...same size

Hopefully you can help me with my situation
|

replied July 13th, 2012
Please Reply theres anyone here
|

replied October 18th, 2012
Hi every1 I have the something but mine is not movable it feels like it is connected to something. I am afraid it could be cancer so can any1 help me and it is not pimple or anything that can be pop out
|