Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Small itchy bumps on breast

Hi...this is my first time here. I saw some small bumps on the left side of my breast that looks like insect bites and they itch. less than an hour ago. I have never seen anything like it. I wore my cousins bra the other day when I slept over...(probably a dirty one) been wearing it for a few days. could this cause it? is this sign of cancer?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2018
Its unlikely to be cancerous , based on the description of the lesions that you gave. It could be due to an allergic reaction. Undergarments should not be used if they arent your own as its generally not very healthy. Contact dermatitis , insect bite and herpes zoster are some of the possible causes. However for definitive management the area needs to be examined. The breast should be examined for possible lumps and any discharge from the nipple.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.