Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Small bump on inner vaginal wall

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
OK, so I'm worried. Today I noticed for the first time that their is this small bump on the inside of my vaginal wall. Literaly it is right next the the outside of the wall next to my open skin. Their was, sorry this is kind of gross, but some puss in it. I accidentally found out when I squeezed it and a little bit came out, actually the little bit was all of it. Anyway, I'm really concerned and it isn't really big. It can barely cover the center of my pinky finger but I am still scared. Plus I tried to see it better by shaving a little bit and it started to bleed, it stopped and it wasn't that much but still. Help?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 1st, 2011
Seriously, I'm now losing sleep over this and I have to work early tomorrow. Please help if you even might know what is wrong or not wrong!
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 2nd, 2011
Lots of different things can cause vaginal sores. The best option would be to go to your gynecologist. He or she is a professional and can help you find out what is causing the sores.
Here is more input from contributors:
* I too have suffered the stresses of vaginal sores for too many years. My doctor says that they are blocked glands. They are as described: red bumps which develop into puss-filled sores, which are incredibly painful until they burst.

Read more: nal_sores#ixzz1ZcpbuqxE

* Sometimes having rough sex can contribute to sores around the labia, but it could also be a yeast infection or more serious, an std. The std that it could possibly be is genital herpes. This disease affects 1 out of 5 people and can go untreated for a long time because the sores can come and go away making it easy to overlook. It also can be given to a partner without having any symptoms at all (answering why your mate may not have any symptoms). Because this disease can go for years without being treated, a person can get it from previous partners and not even know it making it easy and understandable to accuse the person you are presently with. The best thing to do is to get tested specifically for this disease because a papsmear doesn't do it. You more than likely have to request it from your doctor. If you have already been tested for STDs recently and know that you don't have an std, then maybe its a yeast infection or just sores from rough sex. Definitely consult your doctor as soon as possible however.

and you shouldn't shave it all off completely if it's not already stubble, as it can cause a shaving rash which I can see making you worry even more! go and see your GP Just explaining what it is they might not need to take a look inside, or you can get swabs done, I'm not sure where you're from but I'm in england and we can do the swabs ourselves if we're not comfortable with someone taking a look down there.. hope this helps

I found the info on - nal_sores there's a huge page of it, can sometimes even be put down to hormonall changes when due on your period or just as you've finished
Did you find this post helpful?