Hi,
I am a 22 year old male and have a small bald spot. I have had it since birth and it is literally the shape and size of a thumb print. I have been told that during my delivery the nurse took hold of my head and what resulted was a small sore. It then scabbed and I have never been able to grow hair on that spot. I do not believe it is a true scar as there are a few hairs that grow in the middle. Is there any kind of topical treatment that I could use to stimulate (or regrow) hair on this spot? I have considered Rogain but I feel like it is a little extreme and am concerned about its health risks and longevity. Might there be some sort of natural treatment?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi Sazm78910...Since you have had this since birth I doubt that anything can be done about it...It is kind of a dead area...Take care...

Caroline...
|

replied March 5th, 2015
Yeah I have the same bald spot, my whole life I've just been told it was a birth mark but who knows. I've seen a lot of people with it and none of them know why they have it
|

replied June 18th, 2015
I also have one. Located right at the top back of my head. Im 25 and have had it my whole life. Been told its a scar. Mine has a bump though, that hasnt changed my whole life. Just curious on what it may be.
|

User Profile
replied October 19th, 2015
You can use hair fibres like nanogen to conceal your bald spot. These hair fibres are natural looking and water, sweat resistant so you will have less reasons to worry about.
|
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....