Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Slow, awkward, ineffective digestion

Hello

I have a digestion issue, and it only started about two months ago. My food just doesn't "go" away like it used to.
I have this mild "vomitty" feeling in the back of my throat. I burp alot after meals. It's not a gassy burp but the type where the food goes into your stomach. I think it comes back, and goes in, over and over
resulting in the burping.
I feel the food sitting my chest, moving up and down, and just rolling about my stomach.
I don't have heartburn and neither do I vomit or feel abdominal discomfort. I took anatacids but stopped when I started
taking too much. I drink alot of water, so I thought that could be watering down the food so I avoid it around my meal times.
It's a weird indigestion thing. What could it be and what should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2013
Experienced User
Sounds like a a combination of the wrong types of foods and not enough acid production in the stomach. The combination of antacids and water, plus the poor foods have cause that type of things in clients I've seen. Juicing just vegetables might help calm things down and let the stomach and intestine heal. Have you talked to a gastroenterologist?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...