I came down with a case of C-Diff last april and I've never been the same since. The C-diff would continuously come back after each round of antibiotics and the trips to the ER ranked me into $15,000 of debt. Eventually I stopped going to the doctor and picked up some probiotics that I found on the internet that was considered helpful to fight against C-Diff. They seem to have worked as I havent had to go back to the ER due to excessive bleeding however I have never fully recovered. I no longer have diarrhea but I do occasionally have stomach pains and feeling of nausea. I would like to note that during my C-diff problems my stool was very pale, almost a sandy color and much of the time would float (very gross I know)

The problem it seems now is that every other bowel movement that I have I'll notice some slime on the feces. The amount of slime varies, sometimes its very little hanging off ends of the feces to fairly large balls of slime embedded in the stool. Along with this slime my stools will occasionally have green balls inside them somewhat smaller than the size of a dime. I would like to know if this comes close to anything anyone has ever heard of and if (perhaps) this is just the healing process. I have no money and cannot consider going to the doctor at this time, despite what they said, they were unable to help me during my period of illness. I've read this might be Crohns Disease however I know I've eaten gluten some days and not had a problem with it at all. Can anyone help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 11th, 2012
C-Diff with BM slime
I had C-Diff several years ago and my bowels have never been the same but I have never heard or experienced what you have. Since I google everything I would start with a google of why you have slime with your bowel movements. I have been diagnosed with IBS, I never had problems with my bowels before the C-Diff. It really takes a toll on your body. Like you, I have to be very careful about which anti-biotics I take. Again, try a search. Sorry I wasn't able to answer your question.
|

replied January 11th, 2012
Wow thats rather frightening to know that my bowels may never be back to what they were. Previous to C-Diff I never had a problem in my life, afterwards however has been nothing but hell.

Googling really hasn't come up much other than IBS or crohns disease, and I cant understand crohns disease if my intake on gluten and what not seems to have little or no effect to it. Im just getting rather scared and would love to know someone else has this problem and or found its cure.
|

replied January 15th, 2012
To clarify the green balls arent as much balls as they look like pepper toppings of pizza, they are always a very dark green and appear almost every bowel movement. I have eaten foods that in no way resemble this occurence.

Can anyone help at all? Anyone who has had anything close to this?
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....